- Year of composition: Likely 1843, considering the date of the premiere performance.
- Work category: Orchestral works in one movement
- First performed: 4 January 1844, the Royal Opera, Stockholm
- Arrangement/revision: Arranged for wind band, maybe by Randel himself. The original version is for symphony orchestra.
- Duration: Approx. 5-10 min
2**.0.5*.2 / 184.108.40.206 / corn, tenor horn, ophicleide / 3 perc
(piccolo, tierce flute in E-flat, 2 E-flat cl)
Description of work
Grave C minor 4/4, Andante 2/4, Allegro agitato 4/4
The Allegro agitato section is written in alla breve in the original version for symphony orchestra.
August Säfström wrote the libretto and the lyrics to this operetta and also the music, which then Randel arranged and orchestrated. He also composed the overture.